We believe that parents, as equal partners to school, have a fundamental role to play in early education and helping children learn. We aim to support and inform parents with how their children are learning and developing:
- Supporting families in making sure all pupils attend daily lessons punctually with tools they need to be ready to learn
- By using class dojo as a platform to share lessons, learning and messages between class and families
- By sharing our Curriculum overviews, Knowledge Organisers for each unit for every year with families
- By sharing videos that parents will find of interest – such as the school environment, assemblies, performances, online safety advice, transition arrangement’s
- By using termly parents’ meetings to answer questions and support families with areas of interest- such as Reading, Behaviour, Social Emotional and Mental Health, Phonics, Mathematics
- By sending parents an annual written report in which we explain the progress made by each child, and indicate how the child can improve further;
- By explaining to parents how they can support their children with homework and suggesting, for example, regular shared reading, and support for projects and investigative work.
- By giving a listening ear to parental concerns and needs – teachers and leaders, Ms Jackson, Ms Bennet and Mrs Hunt welcome contact from parents and carers
- By using our website to share key aspects of our school vision, values, curriculum, policies, organisation, events and news
- By providing a SEND clinic organised by the SEND team to help with early identification of development differences and behaviour
Drop In Club:
Open every morning from 8:30am, £1.00 per child per session. We will invite some pupils to drop in club to support their routines and socialising. The costs for these pupils will be covered by school. Please have a chat with Ms Jackson if you wish for your children to be considered.
A lost property container, clearly marked, can be found in the main entrance corridor. Children place found items of clothing in the box and look there for anything they have lost. This box is cleared at the end of each term. Valuable items are handed into the school office from where they can be claimed.
This page is currently awaiting content